Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncage

I had a horrible experience with Possum Creek Herb Farms

ncage
12 years ago

I don't remember how i found their site but after doing some research i found Possum Creek Herb Farms located here:

http://www.possumcreekherb.com/index.htm

I just needed 2 genovese basil & 1 thai basil plant. I thought relatively simple. So i add everything to my cart and go through the order submission process. I thought at one point it would ask me for the date of delivery i wanted but it never does and i end up submitting the order without every being asked a delivery date. This is on 3/12. So i immediately (within 5 minutes after my order was submitted) and told them i was suprised i was never asked for a delivery date but i couldn't take delivery until 5/20. I nicely wrote that if they couldn't change the delivery date then please cancel the order. The reason i order plants (of course because more expensive) than growing from seed is so i don't have to go through the mess and also i don't have good windows in my house.

Anyways she emails me back pretty quickly (Michele Brown) and tells me i should have put the delivery date in the comments (doesn't seem very user friendly way to do it but whatever i guess) and says she will change the delivery date to 5/20.

Well low and behold i get home today and my plants are here 1.5 months early (4/7). I immediately email them expected them to fix it quickly since it was their fault. She just emails me back and says i can keep the herbs in a window seal. She told me i had changed the order date multiple times so they weren't responsible for the mistake which was a lie. As you read above i emailed them only once because i wasn't asked for an order date on their website when i created my order.

Which made me a little irritable...apparently they didn't want to fix their mistake. So i am a little more direct in my response saying there is three ways that can correct the problem and it up to her which method she wants to choose resend my plants on the date they were supposed to send them (5/20), refund my money and i will order from someone else, or i will contact my CC company and resolve the matter with them.

I then get an email saying to send the plants back to them in their original shape and they would refund my money. I was furious. She knew very well it would almost cost me about what i paid for the plants to ship them back to her. Also by the time they got back to her they would very likely be dead after a round trip in the mail service. I can hear it now "we can't refund your money because they are in worse shape then when we sent them". I asked her what she wanted...the dirt & the plastic cups. They were just trying to make it hard for me to return and they didn't want to fix their mistake.

So after i responded back to her and let me her know i was just going to contact my CC company and she sends me another email saying she had refunded my money and they hope i enjoy my "free plants". Do you believe the audacity? I'm not a freeloader. The point is not the money....whats right is right.

Anyways is there any RELIABLE online company anyone can recommend that i can just order 2 genovese basil & 1 thai basil plant from?

thanks,

Ncage

Comments (3)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler