Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me ID these two herbs

Posted by sunflowerpower (My Page) on
Fri, May 21, 10 at 13:48

I am new to gardening and growing herbs.
I have planted oregano, sage, basil,russian taragon, thyme, and rosemary and have two plants that I cant identify.

Herb 1
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9775/70969525.jpg

Herb 2
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3930/52620718.jpg
What I thought was compost, was infact just normal soil so I dont know if this one is a weed or not. The leaves have a slightly rough texture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me ID these two herbs

• Posted by hortster 6A, southcentral KS (My Page) on
    Fri, May 21, 10 at 14:37

The first picture looks like sage. I am guessing the second is Russian tarragon since it doesn't match the others named. My tarragon is French and looks slightly different.
hortster

o

I agree with hortster. I included your pix below for you so others can more easily see and comment.

FataMorgana

o

Brilliant, thankyou horster and fatamorgana, very helpful of you, best wishes, sunflowerpower.

o

The first one Looks just like my sage leaves.
They should become longer and the stem long.'I like to refer to them as rather looking like an "oar" for a boat.
I cannot identify the second.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here