Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newtexasherbgrower

help growing herbs (peppermint specifically)

i really would like to grow something and keep it alive. it makes me feel awful that plants keep dying under my care. someone please help advise me if you can!

i have a peppermint plant in a pot. ive only had it for a few weeks. it was looking good and starting to get new growths. it was sitting outside. I watered it one day, and then it rained hard that night and the next morning it looked sort of wilted. i left it outside thinking it would help it air out. it was humid the next few days though so that didnt help much. it was warm though. now, a few days later, it is very wilted and the base of the stalks are turning black. the leaves are wilted and turning pale-ish. they are not drying out though.

i dont know what the problem is.. over or under watering... can someone please help advise me on what to do? i would be so sad if this one died too - my first try was succulents, bought a total of 7 and they all died, including my aloe. i'm not sure what I am doing wrong. when i research i keep reading peppermint is easy to grow and that i should be having problems keeping it contained.

thank you for your time and help.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21