Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bee_bee_gw

Help! Is there any hope of reviving this English lavender plant?

Bee_bee
9 years ago

Hi,

my English lavender seems to be drying off (maybe dying?) very badly....even the green colored leaves that are left are thin, very dry and brittle (easily break when touched). Do you think there is any chance it could recover? is it too late? and any suggestions on what to do to nurse it back to health?

got it last summer, then half the plant completely dried off about a month (due to lack of water). but the remaining recovered slowly after more watering (every other day). It didn't grow much, but leaves were green throughout fall, winter (I didn't water as much during winter..maybe once a week). Early spring small leaves were appearing . Then mid spring, started seeing flower buds. And then, towards the end of spring, leaves began browning. Maybe I wasn't watering enough? (I watered every 3 days or so, usually the surface gets pretty dry), or maybe sun got more intense towards end of spring. Tried to move it to a slightly shadier place (but still outside, and still receiving morning sun), but more leaves turned brown and become brittle and dry.

Yesterday, I digged around the roots, and felt a root strand to be super dry, thin, and wiry. So, I soaked the soil and moved pot to a shaded place (uncovered outdoor shaded shelf facing east).

The soil I'm using is a potting mix (seems pretty loose), and pot is clay pot abt 10 inch wide.

Thank you for any advice you may have

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living