Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parczel

Basil leaves yellow/brown spots

parczel
13 years ago

I have two basil plants that are recent transplants into containers. Neither of them are doing well. The first one I believe endured some root trauma when I transplanted it from the pot, accidentally ripping some of them at the bottom. Also, the weather at the time of transplant was extremely rainy for the next 3-4 days, with cool (high 50s-high 60s) for the most part. The leaves were pretty limp and floppy. And then some brownish-yellowish spots showed up on a couple of the leaves. About 5 days ago, I bought another basil plant, of the same brand (Bonnie), and transplanted it to a pot as well. The weather for the past few days has been sunny and warm, now, but both plants now have brown, dry patches on them, but they dont look like the photos of leaf-spot that I have seen on the internet. The brown patches are not circular,,, they are more long.

There is no discoloration of the stem--which I keep reading is part of the signs of fulsarium wilt... however, some of the pictures of leaves with fulsarium wilt do look somewhat similar to what my basil leaves are experiencing...

Is it possible that the brown patches are due to trauma from transplanting, sunlight, or the excessive rain? What else should I look for? How long will it take to kill the plants if they do have fulsarium wilt or some sort of blight?

A couple of days ago I watered the plants with some fish emulsion to help if there was any root damage during the transplant, but Im not really seeing any improvement.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Michelle

Comments (2)