o
Please help me identify these plants?

Posted by AH9200 none (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 22:54

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me identify these plants?

Top one looks like lilies. At first I was going to say lily-of-the-valley for the bottom but on second look, I'm not so sure. Do you have a closer picture of one of the plants in the second picture?

FataMorgana

o

Yes, the second picture is of Lily of the valley.

o

I am not convinced this is Lily of the Valley. The leaves appear to be pleated and not produced in pairs. There also seem to be brownish sheaths around the emerging stems. None of those characteristics fits L of the V. There seem to be reddish stems topped with long scaly buds emerging from the leaves. Is is possible to have a closer picture in better focus? It is really hard to make out the details.

o

Do you have any palm trees in the area of the second picture? Hard to tell but they look like my mexican palm seed volunteers...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here