Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ania_ca

Pictures of my herbs (Very pic heavy)

ania_ca
14 years ago

I finally got my camera out to take pics of some of my herb plants. Thought I would share.

Don't remember what kind og basil this is. Genoviese maybe?

Some young sweet basil

Opal Basil

{{gwi:13093}}

Rosemary

Marjoram

Thyme...these were sold to me both labeled "regular thyme". They are obviously 2 different plants. I have another plant of french thyme and that's what the first plan looks like to me.

Parsley

Oregano (3 kinds)

My chocolate mint patch

This is what pineapple sage does in zone 10 (this is year 2)It's the big bush on the left.

{{gwi:13095}}

Comments (5)

• takadi
    14 years ago

The top looks like lemon or lime basil

• organic_jeannie
    14 years ago

The 1st looks like Lemon Basil - my favorite herb in all the world! I have to go searching for it every yr - it's not always readily available. Try crushing it between your fingers - does it smell intensely lemony? I swear lemon basil is more lemony than lemons! The mature leaves can get a little tough, so mince fine. I use mine in tomato-basil- mozzerella salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled on top. Also add to any mixed green salad. Anybody have any other uses?

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

What variety of Rosemary is in your first Rosemary picture? The foliage looks so fine , it is gorgeous!

• ania_ca
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lemon or lime basil are definate possibilities for the first picture. I planted both those and genoviese and got them mixed up. I'll have to pinch a leaf and see what it smells like.

The first rosemary I bought at home depot and the tag said rosemary, trailing. I bought it over a year ago and it was tiny. It has been my hardiest plant in that location and is very pretty and green. It has a very strong scent as well.

Ania

• mawehe63
    14 years ago

oh wow the top rosemary looks so fine i can hardly see it on my computer screen, rosemary is by far my favorite herb