Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stevia

Posted by shane11 NC (7) (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 15:23

I just had to share this though it may be old hat to some. The other day I tried eating a stevia leaf along with a peppermint leaf at the same time and was blown away at how good this was. The idea came from a website or a book, I dont remember exactly. Of course now I have tried stevia leaves leaves of spearmint, lemon balm, lemon and cinnamon basil to name a few. The possibilities are endless. This is as good a candy as you could imagine! And so simple. The only problem is I find myself doing this everytime I walk into my garden so my lone stevia is having a hard time keeping up with production - LOL. I will have to plant much more next year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stevia

Enjoy it. As far as it has been established, Stevia has no side effects and has many health benefits.

It is mostly used for sugar substitute. I have grown it in the past 3, 4 years at small quantity. It is probably perennial in zone 7. It was in zone 7b, GA.

o

• Posted by t-bird Chicago 5/6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 9:08

sounds awesome!

I have chocolate mint and just got a stevia, will transplant and give it a few days before I take any leaves....

very looking forward to trying this!

o

Although you can pick a few leaves now and then, but to have the power of sweetness , the harvest time is when it flowers. Then you harvest and dry it. Againg, you can use it at any stage but it will not be at the peak of its sweetness.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here