Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using old garden tonic on herbs

Posted by klovescats79 11021 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 16:17

Hi, how are you? Last year I made a garden tonic that worked well on my potted herbs and flowers, vitamin B dissolved in water, water, peroxide and gelatin. This year I started making it using my vitamin B I dissolved last year, and then couldn't find the rest of the ingredients, so I added it to the old one from last year that I had outside for the winter. Could that make my herbs poisonous? I wash them really well before I used the herbs,, especially since I also spray them with murphys s[ray soap in order to keep the pests from eating my basil. I didn't provide a picture because for this particular question I don't find it necessary but I know on here most people add pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using old garden tonic on herbs

I know this is the Herbs Forum and is the proper place for this question, but the "tonic" you are referring to is kind of strange. I think you might get a more useful answer about it if you post this question on the Vegetable Forum.

Rodney

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegetable Forum

o
RE: Using old garden tonic on herbs

Herbs generally require little to no fertilizers. Some herbs resent rich soil. I'd skip the tonic.

FataMorgana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here