Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laxfanmom

Herbs for a daughter!

laxfanmom
11 years ago

Hi all, I hang out over on the kitchen forum a lot but this is my first time on the garden side. I have a fun (sort of) dilemma to solve and I'm hoping you can help me?

I have been an avid herb gardener for most of my adult life. My current herb garden consists of about 15 pots (some very large) on my new patio behind my house in NJ. I love to cook with fresh herbs and my daughters have both become very proficient at cooking as well ( they are 29 and 24 and both live in NYC).

So, now the dilemma...my youngest daughter just signed a lease on a townhouse in DC so she can go to law school in August (secret little woo-hoo!). Anyway, the first thing she said to me is that she will have a huge sunny patio so now she will be able to have pots of herbs too! I'm inwardly soooo pleased that I've raised kids who want to do this! The problem is that she will not move in until August 1st. I know that in the heat of August the herbs will probably not be too great, but I've used most of my herbs well into the fall so I'm trying to figure out what to do to get her started.

I'm torn between starting some pots just for her now and then trying to move them to DC, or, waiting and trying to start some pots once she gets there. I'm afraid it will be too hot then. So... WWYD?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting