Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lalene

New catnip plant has yellow and brown leaves

Lalene
9 years ago

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I saw another older thread with a similar problem, but I thought it might be better to start a new thread than open an old one.

I have a catnip plant that I added to my herb container 3 days ago so I could harvest it for my cats. I've read that catnip can be invasive so I left it in the container I bought it in and planted the whole thing in my larger herb container. The plant looked it's normal shade of green up until I checked it this morning. It now has some yellow leaves and some of the leaves are even turning brown. The other similar post I read on this forum suggested maybe the plant was cold, however the last few days haven't been cold at all, steadily over 25 degrees Celsius/ 77 Fahrenheit.

Could it just be shock because it was only planted 3 days ago? I didn't think that might be the cause because I never actually removed it from its pot. Another thing I thought of, I watered the plant yesterday afternoon before I went out for the day. It was pretty hot in the afternoon and there was water left on the leaves after watering. Could the water have gotten too hot and burned the leaves?

Hope someone can shed some light on this!

Comment (1)