Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardener103

Health basil with browning stems

Gardener103
11 years ago

Hello. I have been having a basil plant that has been growing very healthy , and has been flowering immensely. It has been growing in such a way that there are 3 main stems with a multitude of branches that are getting very tall(half foot)and are flowering with with arrays of very small leaves growing upwards. I apologize if this description if unclear as I will soon post a picture.

Recently I have noticed browning around the stems:very little , but there nonetheless. It has been growing in a large rectangular pot with 2 drainage hole on both sides. I am growing it in Maryland :here , the humidity is mild but it's extremely hot and the soil becomes crisp. I water it every other day and make the soil quite damp , but not too damp. I am worried that the plant will become more brown. The leaves are yellowish at the bottom , and the leaf size has been decreasing. But overall , much of the leaves are green and the plant is getting taller and flowering. No seeds have been sighted yet.

Sorry for writing too much , but I am trying to explain as best as I can. I suspect I am watering it too much or fungus has grown , but I am unsure and cannot see any fungus. Help would be extremely appreciated. Thank you for reading this.

Comments (6)