Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question regarding Daconil on basil

Posted by loudsiam2 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 11:07

Yesterday, I sprayed my tomato plants with Daconil/Ortho Max Garden Disease control, and today it occurred to me that I also sprayed my basil plants that are planted in the same raised bed. Does anyone know if I can still harvest from these plants? There is no mention of herbs on the product label.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question regarding Daconil on basil

There's always an 800 number on the label of any pesticide. I would not hesitate for one second to call and talk to someone in person. Daconil can be very toxic when not used properly.

Let us know what you find out. It would be helpful for us all to know.

o
RE: Question regarding Daconil on basil

FYI: loudsiam2 reported that she did make that phone call. The manufacturer said that since basil was not listed on her label that it should not be consumed.

Thought I'd follow up with this in case anyone else was interested. Thanks to louds for the follow-up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here