Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cherryjet_gw

Dying lavender

cherryjet
11 years ago

I am having a problem with two of my lavender plants and was hoping I could send a photo of each to get your opinion. I've been growing rosemary and lavender successfully for quite sometime and am aware that typically the problem is too much water or not enough soil drainage but one plant was in a pot that seemed like it had too many drainage homes in it so I planted it in the ground where I have several rosemary plant doing well and it got even worse. The leaves are turning grey, then brown.

My other lavender plant is in a pit it's been in for quite a long time and had been doing great. In fact where it was previously, I was worried it got too much sprinkler action but it was thriving. I moved to the front yard to an equally sunny spot and the longer older leaves seem to be turning yellow, then brown. From research that seems to be a typical sign of too much water but it's getting less water now than previously. The first specimen I spoke of is almost dead and might be a lost cause but I'd sure like to know what I'm doing wrong! The site won't let me upload any images!

Comments (4)