Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
novice_2009

Wormwood dilemma: please help

novice_2009
13 years ago

I'm really pressed for space for sunny herbs. Not enought space, and it's not like I have too many sunny herbs- it's just light and space.

I have a raised bed, in the middle is artemsia absinthe (wormwood) in front of this is creeping thyme (doing well.)

On corner of bed I have a low bushy artemsia, no medicnal value, just loved the short habit and foilage - so soft!!!

I planting echinacea tennesseesis in the middle of these two ( started from seed.)

They are not growing!!! They are native to my state, and are supposed to be fast growers.

My guess it's the alleopathy of the wormwoods. I'd like to either move them (absinthe is big-don't know where to put it) and possibly move the other.

I want to keep my echinacea, no matter, what.

Do you have any suggestions for moving the wormwoods? I know they like sun/partial shade and somewhat dry soil.

What would you do?

Nothing wants to grow around large artemsia absinthe except thyme and it's not looking that great this year- lower leaves dead, bloking light to other herbs-, and I'd like to put out more sunny herbs!!!

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting