Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
French Lavender-Green

Posted by Randy1970 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 15:57

My wife and I bought a pot of French Lavender-Green ( Lavendula dentata from a local street market. I have re-potted it and placed it in direct morning to mid-day sun and it seems to have wilted down leaves, the tag says it needs full sun. Will it thrive iif I just place it on our front sun room that has bright light all day but no direct sunlight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: French Lavender-Green

It sounds like a case of transplant shock. Keeping the plant out of direct sunlight for a few days should help. Lavender loves the sun and the fact that it wilted almost makes me think that the person you bought it from didn't grow it in full sun.

Rodney

o
RE: French Lavender-Green

Plants are fragile after transplanting. Treat them like convalescents for a few days, well watered and in a cool place. If it is doing well, then you can put it the sun, but progressively because the July sun can be brutal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here