Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What type of herb?

Posted by TropPlanter 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 16:07

I have found a plant in my garden that had sprouted with out my knowing. I narrowed it down to a herb by asking around. So I didn't taste it just in case. But I really like this plant so I want to keep it. But each plant always needs some sort of special things. So if you can please figure out what this is?

This post was edited by TropPlanter on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 16:09

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What type of herb?

It looks a bit like catnip, but I'm not entirely convinced.

If it has a square stem, it is some kind of mint. If you crush a leaf, is there a fragrance?

Here is a link that might be useful: Google catnip photos

o

Yes, does it have a scent? It looks very much like Lemon Balm.

o

Not Lemon Balm imo. That is less toothed and not matt. Much more like nepeta. A picture of the whole plant would be helpful.

o

Plectranthus amboinicus?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here