Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sage Help please

Posted by vinsone 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 16:24

My Neighbour need to thin out her sage patch so she gave me 3 plants that she had dug up to transplant. i am not sure what kind of sage it is the only reason i know it is sage is because that is what it smells like. it had kind of small leaves and has purple flowers on it. anyway i read some where that if sage is in to much shade it just flops over which is what these bushes look like. can i prune or some thing to get them to stand up again or some thing like that? this will be my first time with sage so any info is good.
I have transplanted them to a place where they will get well over 6 hours of sun every day.will this help them stand back up?
as i said any info would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sage Help please

• Posted by gjcore 5 Aurora Co. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 17:23

If the sage is flopping over it's probably from transplant shock. Make sure it has enough water until it regains strength. You might also want to provide it some shade for a week or two. Probably best not to prune just yet.

o

You need to ask your neighbor if this is culinary Sage or a border Salvia, many of which aren't edible but still called Sage.

o

If you post a picture we can tell you if it's culinary or not.

o

ok thatnk you i will get a picture of it tomorrow and post it.
my neighbor doesnt know what it is, it was already planted when she moved in. the only way we know it is sage is cause that is what it smells like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here