Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spearmint sprouts

Posted by mikkijones California (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 18:14

Years ago I went to one of those pyramid scheme herbal diet health things. We were served one of their teas which had spearmint sprouts in it. Not leaves but sprouts. It was very tasty. However, after reading a few things about sprouting spearmint etc., I was wondering if you can actually use the sprouts in drinks and such, or only the leaves. Would be great to have some feedback on this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spearmint sprouts

Spearmint Sprout, JUST ANOTHER FRAUDULANT SCHEME.

o
RE: spearmint sprouts

The sprouts would be exactly as usable as the leaves because they are the same plant only in a less mature state. They're likely less flavourful since the volatile oils would be less concentrated than in older leaves. Of course you could make them into tea if you wanted to. But you'd get a lot more cups of tea from a mature plant, which will return year after year, than constantly having to start seeds from scratch. It seems a pointless exercise to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here