Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buzzito

Largest Herb Farms (PA area and beyond!)

buzzito
14 years ago

I have been attempting to locate some large herb farms for quite some time with little luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Have been to Gilberties in CT but want to expand my search and maybe my travels. Thanks for any ideas!

Buzz

Comments (6)

• maifleur01
    14 years ago

Perhaps this will aid in your search for places to visit.

Here is a link that might be useful: herb organization

• herbalbetty
    14 years ago

I'm assuming you are looking for herb plants and not farms that grow for dried herbs and herbal products, right? Well Sweep Herb Farm in NJ is terrific. You can also search for the PA Herb Festival and check the list of vendors to find growers near you. Ditto the Baltimore Herb Festival. There is a PA lavender festival as well and they may have info on plant growers. The Rosemary House in Mechanicsburg, PA will be able to help you in your search too. Good luck

• karen_b
    14 years ago

Lavender festival is held at Willow Pond in Fairfield PA, lovely farm and great food if you've never been. The farm is open most of the year, their plants are a little pricey but nice. I plan on making a visit this weekend because I haven't had much luck with my basil and need more. Their lavender selection is fantastic, but then so are all of their herbs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Willow Pond Herbs

• aubade
    14 years ago

I went to Well Sweep in NJ this spring on recommendation from someone here in the NJ forum. It was amazing! They had every herb I'd ever heard of and so many more I hadn't. This pic doesn't even show half of it.

From Garden 2009

• eibren
    14 years ago

If you stop by the lavender farm, Alloway Creek Gardens is within thirty minutes from there and definitely worth a side trip. Barb usually has a few unusual herbs that can't be found anywhere else locally. There was an old thread in which this and other PA herb shops were mentioned.

I have been wondering, though, how you could be in zone 9 and still in PA?

ALLOWAY CREEK GARDENS& HERB FARM

allowaycreekgardens.com

Featuring a large selection of herb plants, perennials, and native plants, plus display gardens, an authentic log-house gift shop and a variety of special lectures, activities and workshops.

DIRECTIONS-

FROM RT 15 - Take route 15 towards Gettysburg, exit route 97 south. [After several miles] Turn right onto Mud College Road, turn left after approximately 1 mile. Follow gravel drive next to Alloway Creek sign. Please park in front of split rail fence.

FROM RT 194 - Follow to Littlestown, turn north towards Gettysburg at light. Head out of town approximately 3 miles, make a left onto Mud College Road and follow gravel drive next to Alloway Creek sign. Please park in front of split rail fence.

• nygardener
    14 years ago

Check out Peconic River Herb Farm if you're on Long Island, New York. Connecticut has several, including Caprilands and Topmost, both in Coventry.

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County