Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nomnomveggie

Basil is looking a bit sad after transplanting

nomnomveggie
13 years ago

My girlfriend gave me a basil plant from her garden, she dug it up from the ground and gave it to me in a cup. I decided to plant it in a pot with Miracle Gro Organic Choice Pot Mix (or something like that) and decided to leave it outside, a couple of hrs later it looked really wilted, I then assumed that it was probably transplant shock and proceeded to leave it in doors next to a window for two days or so, its the second day and its looking A LOT better, but what i find a bit weird is that whenever the sun hits it, about 1 hour later it starts to droop. Is it still recovering from the transplant shock or is it just being fussy? I mean it was living outside before and was doing just fine, but now if the sun touches it for just a bit too long it starts to wilt, isn't that weird since basil is a direct sun plant (correct me if I'm wrong) and it was living outside before? Any ideas? Should I leave it indoors a couple more days next to the window? Or should I just proceed to let it grow indoors?

Comments (4)