Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Italian parsley (seedlings) - leaves curling

Posted by mika_r none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 22:48

Hello,

I am pretty new to growing herbs, and recently planted parsley seeds for the first time. I planted them in pots midway through summer (zone 6b), and will attempt to bring them indoors for fall/ winter-- either placed by a window or grow light. My seedlings sprouted 3-4 weeks ago, and each have 2-5 small leaves. Today I brought one pot of seedlings indoors to see how they might react to the change in temperature/ setting; the leaves of the sprouts are now starting to curl a lot! They were placed by a window that gets a lot of sun, but the temperature was cooler indoors than the plant has been accustomed to outside. However -- I heard parsley does ok in cooler temperatures, and that it can be grown successfully indoors. What might have happened? The soil is damp so I don't think water is an issue. Is it the change in temperature/ humidity that may have caused the leaves to curl? Do you think the sprouts will continue to have trouble/ what should I do?

Any thoughts/ advice are appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Italian parsley (seedlings) - leaves curling

'what should I do?'

I would put the parsley back where it was happy and leave it there until the last possible moment in late autumn before bringing it inside. Parsley can survive indoors but it will always be happier and more healthy outside. It is fairly cold tolerant so I would not bring it in until after a couple of frosts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here