Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trailing Rosemary problem

Posted by Maddy333 none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 6:02

A week ago I bought a (small/young) trailing Rosemary.
Now, almost all of it's leaves have gone brown.
However, there are still one or two green ones.
I'd appreciate some advice on what I've done wrong, please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trailing Rosemary problem

Any chance of a picture? Have you watered it sufficiently? Have you given it different conditions from those it was previously growing in?

o

Thankyou for your response...
I think I may have watered it too much, rather than insufficiently.
I don't have a photo, I'm afraid...not very good with getting pictures onto the computer.
However, I can tell you about it...
It's branches are trailing, about 9 inches long and it came in a plastic pot.
When I got it home I watered it thoroughly, then realized that I probably ought not to have done.
So I changed its pot for a terracotta one, in the hope that its compost would dry out a bit and become less waterlogged.
I live in Southern Spain and the Lavender plants I bought at the same time are very happy in their terracotta pots.
But the leaves of my poor little Trailing Rosemary are, now, beginning to fall off, leaving the end of the branches bare.
There are still (a very few) green leaves, right at the base of the branches.
Would it be worth persevering, or do you think I've killed it?

o

Rosemary are a challenge to grow. Once they are sick it is usually a terminal situation. Ideally, rosemary should be in full sun and not under or over watered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here