Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ghoghunter

Pictures of your herbs please

ghoghunter
13 years ago

I am trying to put together a presentation on Herbs for my Garden club. I am sorely in need of more pictures of all the different herbs. If you have taken some nice shots of your herbs growing and wouldn't mind if I used them would you post them here? If you have shots of herb gardens that you would be willing to share that would be wonderful too. Most people tend to take pictures of their beautiful flowers and maybe that is why I am having trouble getting the herb pictures. I grow mine in containers and can use those but I need more examples. Thanks in advance!!!

Comments (12)

• fatamorgana2121
    13 years ago

Google images can get you quite a lot of images. The link below has "herb gardens" images. Search for botanical names like "allium schoenoprasum" for great images of individual herbs without alot of pictures of herbal remedy pill bottles or recipes with culinary herbs in them to shift through.

FataMorgana

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Images -

• ghoghunter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Fata Morgana - thank you for the suggestion. I know I can find images through google but many times for the herbs they tend to just show the leaves or flowers and not the whole plant growing in a natural setting. That why I asked here on the forum plus then I also would know I had permission to use the photo...I am never sure about using stuff I find on google. I wouldn't want to infringe on copyright for an image.
    Joann

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

You might want to check on the potager forum. Herblady put up some nice pictures of herbs used as edging plants :)

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Nepetella, (Richters sells the seeds) a relation of nepeta, this one has a minty flavor and is used in Italy as a seasoning for mushrooms.

Ornamental Herb cascading Oregano Kent

Ornamental Oregano Amethyst Falls

Here's the herb garden, it's a pretty good photo of cascading rosemary on the left hand side

Right behind the white irises, the bushy plant is pineapple sage.
    {{gwi:621543}}

Here's the thyme walk, the entire groundcover here is various carpeting thymes. Note that they grow around chunks of concrete. The concrete leaches lime, the thyme loves it!

{{gwi:621548}}

Chives
    {{gwi:621569}}

Right in the middle of the stone bed is a Spanish Lavender
    {{gwi:621572}}

Lastly, here's a link to my photobucket herbs page. You can use anything on here you think you could use! Goodluck with your talk!
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v192/girlgroupgirl/herbs/

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Wow.

• fatamorgana2121
    13 years ago

You can use the advance search options with google images to look for images that allow reuse. There are many images that can be used for personal and noncommercial means (like I'm sure your garden club presentation is) for the price of attributing proper credit. Wikimedia also is a great source for images to reuse.

I'm sure there will be other folks to share pictures with you but I didn't want you to overlook some great resources out there.

FataMorgana

• ghoghunter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lavendar lass- thanks for the great suggestion fo going to the Potager forum...Wow Herblady has some beautiful gardens and herbs but the best part if that she lives only about 15 miles away so I wrote and asked to come visit her gardens!

Girlgroup girl..Wow again..thank you so much for your beautiful pictures I will surely use them

Fata Margana - I will try the Advanced search options in Google I never tried that before

You have all been such a great help and yes this presentation is for my garden club not any commercial venture!
    Joann

• pfmastin
    13 years ago

Chives with a Golden Oregano background

• nygardener
    13 years ago

I love the thyme walk and rose arbor, girlgroupgirl.

More here.

• ghoghunter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

pfmastin..thank you for the chive and oregano photo!! Ny gardener thank you for your photos as well! What I really love about herbs is in addition to their beauty they are just so versatile and you can use them so many ways!!!
    Joann

• ghoghunter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well I gave my herb presentation on Tuesday night and it went off really well. I titled it Miraculous Marvelous Herbs! A big thank you to all who contributed your pictures and helped me so much. I had some members ask me after the presentation if I had taken all those beautiful pictures and I made sure to tell them all about the helpful people here on the Gardenweb forum who had let me use their pictures. I ended up having about 56 Powerpoint slides. It was a really fun project for me and I learned so much getting it ready! Thank you all again!
    Joann

• jeanwedding. zone 6
    13 years ago

Fabulous herb gardens you all. Thanks for sharing
    Thanks
    Jean