Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djkj_gw

Who is eating my mint leaves (Pics)

djkj
12 years ago

My mint leaves have several holes in them, I tried spraying with insecticidal soap and Sevin. I do not see any pests or worms on it. What do you think is causing the damage? Whiteflies? Although I dont see any on it, there are a few whiteflies around.

Comments (5)

• fatamorgana2121
    12 years ago

I don't know what ate the leaves but the damage in the pictures looks rather minor. If that is the worst of it, I would skip the pesticides and live with a few holey leaves.

FataMorgana

• biscgolf
    12 years ago

grasshoppers?

• djkj
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@biscgolf - I am not sure but I dont see any around. I think grasshoppers might be big enough to be spotted. I just cant find any insects.

Has anyone tried diatomaceous earth for mint?

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    12 years ago

Grasshoppers hatch from very small eggs as tiny nymphs. They can be easy to miss if you're looking for larger insects. They can hop very well when young, but don't develop their wings until mature. Be observant for all kinds of critters in the garden, big AND tiny.

• djkj
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just wanted to update everyone that I found a solution to who is eating my mint. I dont know what the pest was, but spraying with Spinosad helped me get rid of whatever it was.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!