Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who is eating my mint leaves (Pics)

Posted by djkj 9b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 17, 11 at 12:17

My mint leaves have several holes in them, I tried spraying with insecticidal soap and Sevin. I do not see any pests or worms on it. What do you think is causing the damage? Whiteflies? Although I dont see any on it, there are a few whiteflies around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who is eating my mint leaves (Pics)

I don't know what ate the leaves but the damage in the pictures looks rather minor. If that is the worst of it, I would skip the pesticides and live with a few holey leaves.

FataMorgana

o

grasshoppers?

o

@biscgolf - I am not sure but I dont see any around. I think grasshoppers might be big enough to be spotted. I just cant find any insects.

Has anyone tried diatomaceous earth for mint?

o

Grasshoppers hatch from very small eggs as tiny nymphs. They can be easy to miss if you're looking for larger insects. They can hop very well when young, but don't develop their wings until mature. Be observant for all kinds of critters in the garden, big AND tiny.

o

• Posted by djkj 9b (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 14:20

I just wanted to update everyone that I found a solution to who is eating my mint. I dont know what the pest was, but spraying with Spinosad helped me get rid of whatever it was.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here