Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Problems with Italians!

Parsley that is. Nothing wrong with the people. Unless you count making food that is just too damned good... but I digress.

My problem is with my potted Italian Parsley. As seen here:

{{gwi:910581}}

Is this a case of not enough water, two much water, too much sun, not enough sun, wanting something added to it's soil or just generally ticked that it is still in a pot?. What?

In this picture it is sitting in a semi-sheltered area as Isaac moves through, so it is getting some rain at the moment, but not enough to flood the pot faster than it drains. On 'normal' days, it is sitting in a sunnier location. On the drier days with the sun beating down on it from about 8am to 2 pm, it will sulk until I give it some water and then it will perk right up. But checking the soil before watering, it feels relatively damp. Which leaves me to wonder, is it the water that's making it recover or is it the lowering of root temps (though, putting my hand on the pot, it does not feel particularly warm). Am I feeding one problem while stopping another? Or is the issue something else entirely?

Thank you for any help coming!

Comments (3)