Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandhill_farms

Herb Forum

sandhill_farms
13 years ago

Good Morning To All -

I want to thank all of you for answering questions that I've had here, I truly appreciate it. I have, and will have, further questions as time goes on.

I mean no disrespect to Garden Web Forums, and certainly not to all of you, but would someone have suggestions on other Herb Forums out there that generate more traffic and hence responses. The Herb forum here does not seem to get much in the way of participants, some days there are only 1 or 2 posts. Certainly there must me livelier Herb Forums. You can always send me a PM if you don't want to post your answer here.

Thanks for your continued help...

Greg

Southern Nevada

Comments (3)

• Daisyduckworth
    13 years ago

You may be surprised to learn that this forum used to be very lively. But(speaking for myself here) many of the regulars got tired of answering the same old questions over and over.

Why not use the Search facility for the herbs you're interested in? There is a treasure trove of information to be found there.

• sandhill_farms
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"Why not use the Search facility for the herbs you're interested in? There is a treasure trove of information to be found there"

I have - numerous times. But if all that was necessary to get a question answered was to use a search facility then there wouldn't be a need for a forum. Besides, I enjoy bantering back and forth with others in a forum community.

Thanks for your reply - I'll find something out there...

Greg
    Southern Nevada

• fatamorgana2121
    13 years ago

I'm not familiar with other forums and how active they are but perhaps Google (yes, another search suggestion *grin*) can help you turn up other offerings although I suspect you may find similar posting patterns.

I've been a regular in one online forum or another (most not gardening or herbs) for 20 years. It is my opinion that most forum threads are started by the folks who want their question(s) answered and then they leave. The regulars are the few folks who usually answer all the questions with perhaps a few others throwing comments in here and there. And as Daisy said, it is often the same questions over and over so how long regulars stick around really has alot to do with their patience and their desire to share the things they are passionate about or to teach others.

I personally can't lament the state of this forum too much. While I answer tons of stuff, I don't start many threads and I've found the best way to engage more people, readership, and increase posting is to create more posts yourself. That goes for anybody. And especially posts about different topics - definitely about stuff other than cilantro bolting, basil dying, and trying to grow indoors under poor lights! ;)

So whether or not you stay here, you may wish to consider how to help improve forums yourself to attract more posting and conversations. I'm not trying to be snarky or snotty. I'm honestly trying to give you a suggestion on how to get more of what you want out of the forums you visit. It's really that old adage about "being the change." Good luck - I hope you find what you are looking for!

FataMorgana

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH