Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dill-is it real?

Posted by peterpiper2009 GA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 1, 09 at 19:31

I have dill weeds (I think) growing in my pasture up to 7' tall. I keep cutting them down with the mower and they always grow back. I read that you guys are having difficulties growing your dill which leads me to question what I have growing. It looks like dill sold in stores and smells like it when rubbed between fingers.Is it some wild stuff that grows in GA? is it good to eat? any help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dill-is it real?

I am in Alpharett , Ga.
Are you talking about those weeds that are full of tiny fern/dill like leaveS?, that are also perenials??

If yes, the answers is NO, they are not dill weed. Dill weeds branch out more and their entire branche are not covered with leaves. I have always been interested to know what they are. Interesting thing is that no pest will ever get near them. So I strip their leaves and throw them around my plants, HOPING that they will repel some insects.

o
RE: Dill-is it real?

Hard to say what you have without a picture. Because it has not been identified, I would not suggest eating it.

FataMorgana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here