Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rob_gw

poisonus herbs

rob
13 years ago

was reading up on Lobelia

my dad passed away of a massive heart attack(60%blockage in one artery 40 %in the rest) he had a girl friend from the phillipians whoes previous husband died of a massive heart attack. i work for a nurse who tells me that there are herbs that can bring on a heart attack. does anyone know of some specific herbs from the phillipians that could be used for this?

Comments (5)

• maifleur01
    13 years ago

Sorry for your dad's passing but with that much damage he was a ticking time bomb. Since you state you work for a nurse your mind probably has already told you this. I hope in your grief you have not been telling people his girl friend killed him. The girl friend is probably grief stricken also.

Think on it. What would the girlfriend gain from your father's passing?

Your father probably had been having symptoms for a while and refused to have himself checked or if checked did not change his lifestyle.

As far as any herbs go it is unlikely. You should have requested an autopsy when he died.

Some grief counseling can help you through your grief and I suggest everyone that has a loved one pass attend at least a couple of sessions.

• sandhill_farms
    13 years ago

So sorry about your Dad. I have read where there are some Herbs that taken in large doses can be fatal but I can't recall what they are. However I think that it's safe to assume that having that much blockage was the cause.

Greg
    Southern Nevada

• Daisyduckworth
    13 years ago

ALL herbs are dangerous when taken in sufficient quantities. For some, that means just a taste, for others that means 'by the truckload'.

It is not unusual for a grieving relative to have the need to 'blame somebody'. This is not usually justified, but it helps some people through the worst, initial stages of their grief.

Indulge, if you must, but if your feelings remain the same over a significant period of time, then seek help - for yourself. Maifleur's suggestion of grief-counselling is an excellent one, and I endorse it whole-heartedly.

I'm strongly of the opinion, given your father's state of health, that he died of natural causes, and was beyond all medical/herbal/surgical intervention.

I don't think you have any need to be suspicious, or to put yourself through the further trauma of autopsies and so on.

Try to get hold of an excellent book by Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. It has a rather off-putting title 'On Death and Dying', but it really is a most uplifting book, which describes the various stages of grief. If you read it, you will have a greater understanding of the assorted emotions you are going through.

• fatamorgana2121
    13 years ago

Of course there are plants that affect the heart - there are different herbs that can affect any part of your body. But having come from a family where heart disease is common, I see how very common factors like genetics, diet, exercise, and stress can affect the heart - and sometimes in very permanent and sad ways.

The advice you received thus far is very good. If professional counseling is not an option for you, seek a good friend to help you through these hard times. They will be strong for you.

If you do like books and can find solace in them, Pema Chodron is a Buddhist nun whose books are extremely popular with people going through difficult situations. I included a link below.

FataMorgana

Here is a link that might be useful: Pema Chodron books

• rob
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks to all that responded to my posting. just to let you know i am not saying the girlfriend did it. it was just a suggestion from the nurse. i am at peace with it all because i know we will meet again after this walk through life is over:)