Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are these pests on my dill?

Posted by superOK CA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 21, 11 at 15:26

I had a dill plant that was flourishing and then I started to notice tiny little bugs on them. Here's a
photo.

I sprayed an organic pesticide with neem oil in it but it was too late. Within days, my plant started sagging and then completely died.

I want to buy a new dill plant but I'm scared the same thing will happen. Does anyone know what these little pests are and what a good method is to combat them?

Here is a link that might be useful: pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are these pests on my dill?

Can't see what the pests are. Are you certain that you followed the directions for the neem application? It should not be applied on hot, sunny days.

Since you can see these critters, but we really can't...how about googling aphids to see if that's the problem.

o
RE: What are these pests on my dill?

• Posted by chudak 10 San Diego (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 11:27

I see little green blobs that are likely aphids. You wash wash them off with a jet of water, spray with an insecticidal soap or spray with neem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here