Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mullein

Posted by dirtdaddy 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 15:51

Harvesting Mullein tops, but cant seem to find any seeds? Have they already fallen out or are they really, really tiny? The tops are brown, can anyone help? dd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mullein

The seeds do fall out pretty quickly. You have to catch them when they first start to dry out. But I'm sure if you shake it enough, you'll still get some seeds.

FataMorgana

o

I picked at and scraped away at some dried out stalks today and got some seeds. I just discovered using mullein this year! Great possibilities!

I am making a spot in my newly enlarged herb bed for it. I also transplanted a few babies I found in the field, then seeded the whole area.

I used mullein flowers for the first time this year to make ear drops. They worked amazingly well!

o

Cut the dried, brown mullein flower stalk and then turn it upside down and give a little shake. MILLIONS of seeds will fall out!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here