Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
biotany

Rosemary won't develop seed leaves

Biotany
11 years ago

Okay so around September 24th, I planted rosemary seeds. They all germinated. I moved them under a grow light to promote better growth seeing as we were having a series of crummy days and the cat found pleasure in tormenting my greenhouse. Anyway, they seemed to be doing better under there, a few of the older sprouts got to thin and pale and were removed. Only about 5 seedlings are left.

The problem is, there are STILL no true leaves. Some of these sprouts came up a couple weeks after the thinned out ones were already at their peak.

They are still a lush green and healthy looking but, as stated, no true leaves to speak of. When I look closely between the cotyledons I notice a little bud like thing maybe the size of a pin head. Are these signs of new growth of true leaves? Does it normally take this long?

Since then I was able to germinate 12 tomato seeds and 12 pea seeds. Am I doing something wrong? The get misted daily, at night a heat mat under the green house goes on since the nights are unpredictable and during the day the room they are in (which has 3 grow lights) stays an even 70 degrees.

Comment (1)