Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnorange_gw

Peppermint and Spearmint is all Stems

johnorange
10 years ago

Several months ago, I brought in sand to level some low places in my yard. I transplanted some peppermint from a place near the house that was shaded and didn't get much water. The new location has a couple of inches of the new sand and then it's clay below that. It's at the drip line from my air conditioner so it gets LOTS of water at the drip and lesser amounts away from the drip. It gets full sun about 3/4 of the day. I have some spearmint in the same location. Both mints are all stems with just a few small leaves at the tips. I thought the new sand was probably lacking in nutrients so I have broadcast some Scotts Citrus and Avacado fertilizer while I was doing my other trees. Just this week I added some dried molasses solids and a light sprinking of epsom salts since most of my fruit trees show signs of magnesium defficiency. The peppermint is growing long stems along the ground and seems quite vigorus. What do I do to make it leaf out? I suspect everyone knows exactly what my mint looks like but I'll try to get a photo soon. Thanks herb growers!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company