Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curry leaf in pot not growing (indoors)...help!

Posted by kris2001 6a - s.e.PA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 11 at 18:56

I have a curryleaf plant that i got from logees 2 yr ago.
it is indoors, in a 12 inch small pot with potting mix( had no fertilizer ).

I occasionaly fertilize with liquid m.gro...

It gets sun like 3 hrs direct thru windows but is in bright room.

It grew a bit but died and i have new shoots from bottom now...I see buds from sides of main stem which is only 12" tall lol!

What can I do to maximise growth rate and health?

thanks!...
kris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curry leaf in pot not growing (indoors)...help!

Get it more light.

FataMorgana

o
RE: Curry leaf in pot not growing (indoors)...help!

Also give it a much larger pot - those roots will be having the breath squashed out of them, and they won't be able to absorb any of the nutrients from what little soil is left inside the small pot. You could also consider removing those suckers, which right now are sucking the life out of their mother.

o
Curry leaf in pot not growing (indoors)...help!

• Posted by pvel 7a (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 21:46

I have grown a lot of Curry leaf plants in containers. In zone 7a I manage to keep them healthy by shuttling them in and out of doors depending on the weather. They need as much sun as possible. Keep them outdoors when the minimum temperature is above 50 degrees. Indoors if there is lower minimum temps or a lot of wind chill. In summer they do great, in winter they just kind of hang on. I get scale insect in the winter which is difficult but does respond to a spray of insecticidal soap. I do not specifically fertilize them but I pot them in Miracle Gro potting mix in as large a pot as I can use. I just top them up with the potting mix from time to time and that seems to replenish some nutrients. Hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here