Papaya Leaf
Passion Flower Leaf
Ginger
Eau-de-Cologne Mint
Apple Mint
Pineapple Sage
Lemon Thyme
Lemon Basil

I would very much like to hear about anyone's experience with these, and any other caffeine free tea herbs.

Do you have experience with Roobus, New Jersey Tea, Gogi Berry, or Honeybush? I haven't been able to get these going yet. Some sprout, but don't take off.

Do you have experience with Black Pepper or Vanilla?

I regularly make tea out of tarragon and (black?) peppermint. I also use the peppermint with lemongrass.

I have a bush with very small leaves that is a mint, that I was told when I bought it, was black peppermint, but it doesn't look anything like the black peppermint images on google.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are you growing for tea?

• Posted by hoagc 5 NW Ohio (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 4, 09 at 10:35

catnip makes a pretty decent tea...very calming

o

Any fruits such as apples, quince, blueberry, raspberry and so on can be dried and added to tea. Fresh too, for that matter.

Rosehips are nice....roses were in all the old herb gardens of yore.

Lemon balm, sage, dandelion (leaf & root), raspberry leaf, nettle... to add to what has already been said.

Herbs have medicinal actions too. If you plan on drinking more than the rare occasional cup of something, be sure to check to see what effects the herb has.

FataMorgana

o

I don't grow, but I harvest and dry the wild Goldenrod around here for a medicinal tea(for urinary complaints,not that you wanted to know that,LOL), but it also tastes good.
I do grow Chocolate Mint and Lemon Balm and still have some dried Lemon Verbena that I grew a couple of years ago. I need to grow more of that!

o

I have regular lemon balm in my garden, but this spring I bought
some lemon balm seeds from Johnny's Seeds. These are suppose
to have more essential oils than regular lemon balm. Ohh boy, it
smells so much stronger than common lemon balm. It makes a
stronger tea with less leaves. I just love to brush my hands against
the leaves, and my hands smell lemony. I also make tea from Anise
Hyssop. Rosemary tea is also good for memory problems.

o

Ceanothus americanus is supposed to make a good tea, and many cooking herbs can be used for tea. I picked Persimmon leaves at the end of the season for tea, and stinging nettle. You might want to look at an extensive list with uses and cautions on the Plants for a Future database.

Here is a link that might be useful: pfaf tea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here