Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flat Leaf Italian Parsley Question

Posted by desertgarden561 9a/SZ11 -Las Vegas, (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 20:51

Hello,

I have a lot of flat leaf italian parsley growing in my yard that I would like to share with friends and co-workers. What is the best way to prepare it for transport. It must also last several hours at work. where. I can store it in a refrigerator at work once I arrive if necessary, and co-workers would only have to transport it home. Should it be washed or just cut off the plant and left dry? Should it be wrapped in anything or transported in a paper bag, plastic or something else? I want it to remain fresh and not wilt.

Please advise,

Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flat Leaf Italian Parsley Question

The best way to keep it as fresh as possible--put it like cut flowers in a jar/glass of water. But, if that's not easy--depends on how you get to work, etc., then parsley does last pretty well--think of the bunches you buy at the store. They only get occasional misting, yet don't wilt terribly. Cut, rinse, and wrap in a paper towel, then place in a zippy bag. Keep refrigerated. (I use the paper towel because you want to draw the water off the parsley leaves--they will mold). I don't like to band or tie the bunches--more air will lead to less mold.

o

It is easy. One way is as baloonflowe said.

The other way, soak in water rinse put it in plastic bag, keep in fruits section of frig. Parsley is frost tolerant. The cooler, the better.

While in transport, wrap in wet paper towel, put it in a paper or plastic bag.
Parsley is very hardy. It can last fresh for days. The only thing is if kept open(without moisture) will become droopy. Even then it is edible.

o

Thank you both.

Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here