Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Regarding my basil saplings and a little about my basil

Posted by marcky97 none (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 10, 11 at 23:51

Hey guys how's it going?

My saplings are like 1 month old I think or a month and a half, I dunno. Today, my friend watered it I think, cause it was wet already, anyway, I think that he knocked one of my saplings over and I made it upright again but it was like slouching a little. I was just wondering if it'll return back to normal and straight.

Also, I tend to underwater my basil in hopes I don't overwater it. So I seem to be doing both somehow. When it recovers from underwaterage, Some leaves turn yellow and fall off. Btw, it doesn't really have drainage. The watering of my basil is really a challenge for me. I'll post pictures when I can of both of them.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Regarding my basil saplings and a little about my basil

You do want drainage. If you have it in something that doesn't have holes, raid your recycle bin for yogurt, ricotta cheese, or some other plastic container you can poke holes in. Transplant it. Mother Nature does drainage and you should too.

FataMorgana

o

Losing proposition. You really cannot water properly unless your container has adequate drainage holes. 'Underwatering' to compensate for zero drainage won't work.

o

Thanks for the answers. My friend is just watering it and it seems to be oddly looking good. Like the one that I thought was dead and was putting off all the time to cut it, the branch of it that didn't have brown leaves turned green again. I think it was dehydrated for a long time. I also decided to see if I can drill a hole in my pot instead of looking for a new one

o

On that note, I have a healthy looking young plant, but it is starting to display some spotting as well. Mostly small light brown spots but as you can see, a larger one has developed as well. Does this just look like sunburn from wet leaves or something I should be concerned about?

o

There are a couple other leaves with the light tan spots as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here