Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
horseradish root

Posted by keith46 london u.k (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 8:14

could someone please help me , i have just dug up some horseradish roots . i would to preserve some horseradish or horseradish sauce .i would like to know the best way of makeing some good hot horseradish ,what type of vinegar etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: horseradish root

All manner of recipes in the attached google search. Let us know how it works out for you!

FataMorgana

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Search - Horseradish Recipe

o

I don't have any especially good recipes to share, but, since the fumes can be pretty powerful, I can tell you to wear gloves AND a face mask AND eye protection - like swimming goggles. Somewhere there was a GardenWeb Forum thread where they discussed doing the grinding outside for best ventilation.

o

Sounds like wise advice.

Here's a similar tip from personal experience, never use a food dehydrator to dry HOT chili peppers (we are talking the flaming hot kind, ones getting up there a ways in the scoville scale) indoors. Sinuses, eyes, throat.....ouch!

FataMorgana

o

There's been a post on the Vegetable forum which might interest you. Also worth visiting the Harvest forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horseradish

o

I store roots in my refrigerator for many weeks and grate what is needed right before dinner. I use a simple hand crater on a cutting board and combined the horseradish gratings with white vinegar. I absolutely love this preparation with a rare steak.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here