Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lemon Verbena Liqueur

Posted by herblady49 Z6 PA (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 15, 08 at 10:35

Through the years I have had the great pleasure of meeting many sharing people through my nursery. One of my customers gave this recipe to me many years ago, and I would like to share it with you. It would make a lovely Christmas present, and will give you a good use for your lemon verbena before your plant goes dormant and looses all its leaves. Ill write it down for you the same way Maureen gave it to me.

Lemon Verbena Liqueur

1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Verbena leaves. Tightly packed

1 - 5 inch strip of lemon peel (lemon peel but NO white part. The white part will make it bitter)

4 Cups Vodka or Brandy ( I use 100 proof Vodka, It gives a smoother taste)

2 Cups of sugar

Place Verbena leaves and Lemon strip in Vodka in a large jar or bottle with a tight fitting lid.

Infuse the mixture for 2 days, then add the sugar, and infuse for 2 weeks, shaking vigorously once or twice a day to dissolve the sugar.

Strain and filter through cheesecloth or very fine strainer after the 2 weeks.

Transfer to bottles and age an additional 2 weeks before use. I like to keep it in the freezer. Due to the alcohol content it wont freeze, but will stay nice and cold when served in a pretty glass.

Enjoy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lemon Verbena Liqueur

Thank you for the recipe. I plan on trying it as soon as my lemon verbena gets bigger.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here