Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
witchydigit

Lemon Balm Ailment?

Witchydigit
9 years ago

http://witchydigit.tumblr.com/post/103051437770/some-pics-of-my-lemon-balm-i-cant-figure-out
Above links to a photoset of my plant.

Background: Plant has been outside all year until recently. I'm not sure if it had this problem while outside, as I neglected it quite a bit. The potting soil is two years old, I was going to wait for spring to change it, currently fertilize every few weeks with fish fertilizer (stuff smells nasty). There are a few bugs that were carried in on the plant, some roly polys and some very small flying things that mostly stay around the plants. I have no idea how to get rid of them or what they are.

The larger brownish spots are thinner than the rest of the leaf and kind of crispy, and I tried to get a good picture of the dark brown/purple spots, but I'm afraid the pictures are a bit blurry. The spots are more visible on the undersides than on the tops of the leaves. I've tried google searching various ailments, but nothing turned up anything that really looked like what I see. Any help would be appreciated in identifying the cause of the odd spots, and any insight into whether it will affect the usability of the leaves.

Suggestions on whether I should continue fertilizing through the winter would be helpful as well, as it's my first time caring for plants indoors.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!