Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polkadotbug

rosemary and garlic questions

polkadotbug
14 years ago

Hello!

I'm writing with two questions involving preparing my garden for winter. Any tips or advice is much appreciated!

I was quite excited to get garlic in the ground this year and read somewhere mid October was a good time to do it in my state. I went ahead and waited unitl late October because I live closer to the coast and we rarely get snow here. However my garlic plants all now have sprouts close to 5inches high. I've added some leaves to prevent them from getting too cold, should I add more? Is there anyway they will survive?

My other question involves my rosemary bush. I've had it a few years and it has been thriving in my partly sunny raised bed, until this year. The bottom half is brown and dry. The rest is growing normally, at first I thought they might be two separate plants. However, some of the dry branches are really dry at the base with green lively tips. What could this be? Any tips?

This website and all your answers have been so helpful as I get started in the garden. Thank you! -C

Comments (6)