Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basil plant sprayed with bug spray

Posted by cindy0425 none (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 18:41

My husband was spraying the windowsill with bug spray but forgot to move the basil and thyme plants. Are these still edible if I wash them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basil plant sprayed with bug spray

Oh my! That's too bad. I wouldn't eat them at all; what I can suggest is to try and remove the parts or the tops that were accidentally sprayed and flush the pots with lots of water in case any of it got on the soil. In a few weeks when they grow back, they should once more be edible. Good luck.

o
RE: Basil plant sprayed with bug spray

I wouldn't eat them ever. Time to start new basil in my opinion.

FataMorgana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here