Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best sources for herb plug trays

Posted by robinava 6B (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 19:34

Looking for thyme in plug trays. Richter's and Mountain Valley Growers are both excellent, but does anyone have a good source on the east coast or mid west?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best sources for herb plug trays

Try Possum Creek Herbs in TN

o

Thanks for the recommendation herbalbetty. Unfortunately they do not sell plug trays only the single plants. They did recommend Hillcrest Gardens in MD. Will call them tomorrow as they do have the larger plug trays of herbs.

o

I'd order from Richters especially for the east coast. I seem to recall that they ship through Buffalo, NY so anything in the eastern US should be a fairly short ship time. I've had excellent luck ordering from them and with their plug trays.

FataMorgana

o

I too have ordered plugs from Richters and have been very satisfied with their herbs, however, they do not have the ground cover thymes that I am looking for. My plant list is on the other post which I placed on the same day as this one. Thanks for your feedback.

o

Well if what you're looking for isn't in the 24 varieties of thyme Richters offers in plug trays, I guess you'll probably want to specify exactly which thyme varieties you're looking for in large quantities. That way maybe you can get the assistance you are looking for. Good luck in your search.

FataMorgana

Here is a link that might be useful: Richters - Plug Tray List

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here