Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
staceyc1980

Basil plant eaten, battered and bruised

StaceyC1980
9 years ago

Hello all,

I'm having some serious problems with my indoor basil plant. Up until a few weeks ago it was doing marvelously. It was tall, the leaves were lush and delicious and it got so big I had to move it off of my shelf because it was touching the grow lamps.

Then I noticed that I started having little dry, mildewy spots showing up on some of the leaves. Because I've battled powdery mildew on some of my other plants I assumed it was the same thing so I sprayed with an organic fungicide/pesticide (neem oil based) and it started to look a little better a couple of days later. I examined the plant and I noticed little white bugs crawling on the under side of the leaves. So I sprayed it with the same pesticide for 3 more nights until I didn't see any more crawlers but my the basil looks much worse off than before. It's limp but well watered and leaves are drying up an falling off. I haven't sprayed or touched it (outside from watering it) but it continues to decline. I'm not sure what to do and I could use some advice. :) What can I do to save my basil plant.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm