Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aloe vera

Posted by springrose (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 16, 08 at 22:14

Hi,
I gave my aloe vera to my boyfriend and went he planted it on ground at his place it slowly turned red instead of green. We have no idea why is this but it was able to produce flower during spring season while the rest of my aloe vera's at my place is still green but has not produced any flower this spring season. Anyone has any idea why the aloe has turned red?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aloe vera

The leaves turn a rusty red colour when it has been over-watered.

o
RE: Aloe vera

I also find that aloe vera can get sunburned, believe it or not. If I place my aloe in a southern window, it gets that red coloration like a sunburn. I always have my aloe in an eastern or western window and they do fine indoors. When I take them outdoors for the summer, it's the same thing. Morning or late afternoon light is okay, but direct sun seems to burn them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here