Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alexisontiveroz

Why is my rosemary so sad looking?

alexisontiveroz
10 years ago

I repotted my rosemary about a week and a half ago (from a 4 inch pot into its current 10 inch)... i forgot to put some pebbles at the bottom for drainage but i'm going to do that tomorrow. I water it about once a week. i used potting soil from my local nursery. whats going on??

Comments (4)

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

Had you had it for a while? And if so was it a single well grown plant or could it have been a pot of barely rooted cuttings? It looks a lot like a pot of cuttings. If you only just bought it, had it been kept indoors? And have you put it outside suddenly?

Usually when rosemary dies off it dries up. It doesn't flop.That implies that the growth must have been very soft, a symptom of being grown too fast. I think you need to stop watering it so much and put it in a light, sheltered place. Pebbles at the bottom don't do anything for drainage. The pot needs plenty of holes and the mix needs to be very gritty and free draining.

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

To add to the sage advice above, I hope your plants are not suffering from root rot only because you moved them from a 4 inch to a 10 inch pot. That's a lot of soil sitting at the bottom of the pot waiting to dry out....

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

I thought I was giving rosemary advice ;-)

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Cute :-)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022