Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is eating or biting my Basil plant?

Posted by neonrain Central Coast CA (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 12:57

I decided this year to bring my herbs indoors for the Winter in hopes if keeping them from going dormant. Since my basil was outdoors, I noticed bites on the leaves but never saw anything. Now that it is indoors with the others on a wide window ledge with the windows closed since Winter has arrived here already, I can't understand why the leaves are being bitten? I did notice when it got dark yesterday, that there was a cream colored worm-y looking thing on one of the leaves? Regardless of what it is, how did it get inside let alone climb the wall to get to the ledge when the window is shut?

Am I going to have problems with bugs and insects indoors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is eating or biting my Basil plant?

The egg was probably laid on the plant or in soil.

As to the question about bugs and insects, if you garden indoors or out you will have critters. Some are good and some are bad. They come with plants and life in general. To me they are something to accept as part of nature.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here