Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kim_b_2010

Ordering Potted Herbs

kim_b_2010
13 years ago

Hi All,

I wandered in from the houseplants forum. I'm getting married April 29th and I'd like to have potted herbs for my centerpieces. I want to put them on those cute little tricycle plant stands, but that's beside the point. Anywho, the garden shops here in RI are having a hard time getting them from their suppliers that early. I would LOVE to have lavender in bloom for color, but I know that's a long shot. So, I'm thinking maybe some purple basil for color and a few others with varying foliage. I'd like them pretty small so I can squish 3 into about a 6" pot so they're tumbling over the edges. Does anyone know of a good supplier that may be able to fit my needs? I know the lavender would have to be bigger to be in bloom. If I can actually find it, I can adjust my plans. I like the idea of the whole reception room having the calming scent of lavender...but I'm off topic again. Any suggestions for greenhouses that will ship to or are close to RI would be greatly appreciated. Also, any ideas for pretty groupings would be nice. I'm thinking purple basil, sage and rosemary.

Thank you!!

Kim

Comments (4)