Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alex_br21

Wanted: Culinary Herbs

alex_br
14 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking for Herbs (seeds) used in asiatic culinary if anyone heve interest I have some herbs and Chilli Peppers for trade:

I'm looking for

-Indian Curry Leaf (Murraya Koenigii)

-Vietnamese Perilla a.k. Tia To

-Vietnamese Balm a.k. Kinh Gioi

-Vietnamese coriander a.k. Rau Ram

-Spearmint

-Perilla a.k. Shiso

-Red Perilla a.k. Akajiso

-Mitsuba

-Garland chrysanthemum a.k.chrysanthemum greens, edible chrysanthemum, Shungiku, Kikuna, Tong Hao or Ssukgat.

I have to trade:

-Culantro (Eryngium foetidum)

-Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)

-Epazote (Dysphania ambrosioides)

-Holy Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum)

-Thai Basil (Ocimum basilicum var.thyrsiflora)

-Thai Basil "Sian Queen"

-Thai Lemon Basil (Ocimum à citriodorum)

-Sweety Basil (Ocimum basilicum)

-Purple Basil

-Lettuce Leaf Basil

-Cinnamon Basil

-Dill (Anethum graveolens)

-Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)

Best Regards...

Comments (10)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    14 years ago

Hi, Alex! You'll find traders of all kinds in both the SEED EXCHANGE FORUM and the PLANT EXCHANGE FORUM, right here in the GardenWeb. I hope you find plenty of takers on your offer.

• alex_br
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi "rhizo_1", Thanks...

I hope so because is hard to find them here.
    I don't posted in the especific forums because I'm out from US and unfortunately is not possible to open any topic in these forums.

Cheers!

• fatamorgana2121
    14 years ago

Seeds for shungiku, shiso, mitsuba, & Akajiso are not too tough to find from mail-order/on-line seed vendors. I've bought these from a variety of different sources. You could try one of the following places if your trades don't work out:

Richters
    Horizon Herbs
    Nichols Garden Nursery
    Pinetree Seeds
    Johnny Seeds

By the way, shungiku is very much at home in the flower garden as well as vegetable or herb. I like its cheery blooms. And once you do get seeds, it is such a prolific bloomer that you'll not be at a loss for seeds again.

FataMorgana

• alex_br
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi "fatamorgana",

It's easy to find if you live in US but not here in Brazil I'm descendent of Japanese so I use Shungiku in Culinary (mochi, nabe, tempura)... I know about this vendors but I don't have internacional Credit card for PayPal but OK, I have exchanged chilli seeds several times with firends from US... Anyway, thanks for your comments...

• freedomsky
    14 years ago

hi,alex
    Why not look for these herbs in China? China is a great country with all kinds of herbs and medicines that you need. They have more than thousands years history in Chinese medicine . also the taste of the food is very important and can be used to support different parts of the body-mind system. Hope you can find the herbs in this link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chinese Herbs catalogs

• jane_socal
    14 years ago

There's a good reason that exchanges on GW are generally limited to the US (from TOS: "All Exchanges are restricted to users from a particular country, region or state. If not indicated otherwise, the Exchanges are restricted to residents of the U.S.")--there are areas under federal, state or county quarantine or alerts to prevent agricultural diseases or pests from being transported on uninspected plant material.

It's a big problem here in California: our entire citrus industry is threatened by an Asian psyllid with no known predators, and which can reproduce asexually. Some of them carry a disease which is 100% fatal to citrus trees. The host list for another pest, the light brown apple moth, details the hundreds of common food and herb species (and others) that host just one destructive pest.

If you're exchanging, please educate yourself about quarantines, and don't send or accept plant materials to or from areas that are affected. Buy from licensed vendors whose shipments are certified.

Here is a link that might be useful: Light Brown Apple Moth host list

• alex_br
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Jane Socal,

I'm so sorry for you... Anyway...

Thank you for your unnecessary comments!

and please anyone close this topic I already participated in more friendly forum...

Thanks!

• cyrus_gardner
    14 years ago

Anybody can send/mail seeds from US to anywhere but you cannot receive them, because there is a tight control over bringing botanical to US, because of diseases and other issues.
    With perilla/shiso, if there are stores that sell them fresh, buy some and root them then plant them. I did that with red shiso, mint,Thai basils, Lemon Grass, chinese parsley, etc. last year.

• bellashere
    13 years ago

Culantro (Eryngium foetidum)
    -Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
    -Holy Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum)
    -Thai Basil (Ocimum basilicum var.thyrsiflora)
    -Thai Basil "Sian Queen"
    -Thai Lemon Basil (Ocimum à citriodorum)
    -Purple Basil
    -Lettuce Leaf Basil
    -Cinnamon Basil

check out my trade page or email me please!!!!!
    I desperately want these basils

Erika